Ir al contenido principal

My experience learning english

Personally I think that English at the university compared to the school is not very different in the contents that are taught, but if it is costing me much more to learn it now because the pandemic I was almost two years very disconnected from English and their classes. I think I probably "lost the rhythm", since at school I was very good at speaking and writing in English, unlike now that I am a little slower to concretize sentences.


The use of blogs caught my attention at first because I found it to be a novel way to learn and apply our English. Also, now that we have been blogging for quite a while, I have realized that it has allowed me to learn a little more about the private lives of my classmates and my teacher.

I consider that my pronunciation is good or at least the words I want to communicate are understood, but I think my vocabulary is not very wide. Very often it happens to me that I don't know what certain words mean or it's hard for me to concretize some sentences because I don't know how to say a certain word. This is something I want to improve in order to become more fluent in the language.

Everyday I listen to music and my favorite songs are in English, so you could say that I use English on a daily basis. Maybe sometimes I don't know what I sing means, but the rhythm is good hahaha.



Comentarios

  1. vocabulary is something difficult to improve I guess, there are so many words that we can use depending on the context, or the same word changes its meaning if you put it in a different sentence, but I hope that you can practice this and improve!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. The same thing happened to me with the pandemic, much of what I knew before is now difficult, but I have remembered with blogs and classes.

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

Urbanism

For some time now I have had the idea of specialising in urban planning as a continuation of architecture. Last semester I took the subject "Urban Sustainability" and from the very first class I was fascinated by the topics that were being discussed and taught. The city and its urban planning based on people and their needs is definitely the subject that motivates me in architecture.  I would like to do my postgraduate studies outside of Chile because the best job opportunities in this area are in Europe. Besides, in Chile there is no good urban planning system to work on, you would practically have to build the country from scratch. I like the idea of designing the city based on sustainable ideals that allow to take care of the planet, through the reduction of motor vehicles, use of renewable energies, constructive strategies with energetic use, etc. The academic calendar for the whole degree includes many subjects related to urban planning and its different approaches in ar...

Italy

Before studying architecture I knew how famous this country was for its icons like the tower of pisa and the colosseum, but when I entered the university I realized the cultural and architectural richness of italy. Specifically I am interested in two cities in this country. In a class called Sustainable Urbanism the teacher was talking about Venice and its characteristics. Venice is a floating city that was created as a protection zone against possible Germanic attacks thanks to its geographical situation. Actually this city is a good example for sustainability because there are no cars inside the city and it can be travelled in non-polluting ways like walking, cycling, boating, etc. The other city that is of great interest to me is Rome. If we talk about architecture, this city is an icon in construction techniques and styles. I would like to visit heritage sites such as the Roman Colosseum, the Pantenon, etc. From the Italian culture I love its typical food. I am a big fan o...